Rommin Adl, Executive Vice President of BTS, recently sat down with Nathan Ives, Principal at Strategy Driven, to discuss the latest research conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit and sponsored by BTS.
Skills Mismatch: Business Acumen and Strategy Execution explores the importance of acquiring and maintaining business acumen skills as a key component of strategy execution. During their discussion, Adl shared his insights and illustrative examples regarding:
- business acumen and its importance to strategy execution
- marketplace shortage of executives and managers with business acumen skills and the impact on companies with this skills deficiency
- business acumen skills differences between executives and managers
- actions that can be taken to close the business acumen skills gaps
- trend towards and benefits of using business simulations over traditional classroom training
Listen to the latest podcast.